A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
AdaGate is a 3D sokoban puzzle game within a Stargate / Portal fantasy setting. It is an elaborate example of modern OpenGL programming using the Ada language that runs on Windows, OSX, and GNU/Linux.
While searching a remote south-seas atoll for remnants of a lost American heroine, a nearly operational stargate beckons. Transported into strange dungeons, escape will require pushing every ZPM power cell onto a socket to power up the portal system. Then, blast your two portal guns at the walls and escape through the resulting wormhole.
Escape all 4 dungeons to reach the other-worldly neptune-lake, where the level of difficulty is increased for your next adventure.
Can now use any MineCraft avatar, with several included. Simply copy to the file "skin.png" in the data directory. Toggle 3rd person using the (m)-key. Toggle back to 1st person to more easily study your surroundings.
Runs on Windows, Mac OS-X and Gnu/Linux.
## required for running:
* graphics card with ample memory & updated driver that supports OpenGL version 3.3 or later;
## mouse/touchpad/keyboard controls
Note that you might need to disconnect unused gamecontrollers to prevent spinning!
Look direction is controlled by touch pad or mouse;
Movement is controlled by the WASD or arrow keys:
(Lt) (Dn) (Rt)
Shoot the two portal guns using: (L)-key (R)-key, or (if you have two) the two mouse buttons.
(space)-key => jump up/over short walls
(esc)-key => exit;
* joystick : attitude
* thumb btn: forward
* trigger btn: backward
* Ltop/Rtop btns: select/shoot
* base btn: jump
* Lpaddle : attitude
* Rpaddle : movement
* Ltrigger, Rtrigger : selece/shoot
* base btn: jump
## AdaGate Game Features
* Works on PCs or laptops running Windows, OS-X or GNU/Linux. And if GNAT is installed you can build it yourself! But first try the delivered binaries.
* Windows, GNU/Linux and OS-X binaries provided, as well as full source. Improved compatibility of pre-built binaries run on many recent distros of linux and OS-X.
* Laptop friendly controls; supports Mac Retina displays.
* A first-person (you are the pusher) 3D Sokoban puzzle game that uses the intersection of two cylinders as a puzzle piece that rolls in two perpendicular directions.
* New stargate dial-home-device [DHD] allows non-linear play; watch island setting evolve.
* Roll the cylindrical ZPMs to empower the portals and escape thru a wormhole
* Four rooms and five degrees of difficulty for a total of 20 challenging puzzles. And now solutions are available in the file ./data/solns.sok.
|Published||Mar 19, 2016|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||3D, Fantasy, Futuristic, kawhoosh, kawoosh, mind-bending, Non violent, Relaxing, Sci-fi|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, Gamepad (any), Joystick|
Unzip the archive.
Windows users may see some error messages pertaining to directory links. These can be ignored.
Open a commandline terminal, and cd to the install directory.
Linux users should type "adagate_gnu" to start the game. You may also double click its icon in file manager.
Similarly, Windows users type "adagate.exe". Note that the DLLs must be collocated with the Windows binary.
Mac users may initiate the game by navigating to the installation directory in Finder and clicking the "adagate.app" icon named "AdaGate".
Leave a comment
Log in with your itch.io account to leave a comment.